A decadent curry made with chicken, lamb or beef with coconut milk, ground almonds and yogurt. Simple and easy directions included.
Medium Heat – for mild, use half the package contents.
- Mix contents of KORMA CURRY MIX, 2 tablespoons OIL and 1½ teaspoons SALT in a bowl to make a spice paste. Add 1½ lbs. CHICKEN (LAMB OR BEEF), cut in cubes. Coat chicken evenly with spice paste. Add 2 cups PLAIN YOGURT*. Stir well. Marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Sauté 2 chopped ONIONS in 3 tablespoons OIL in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chicken and stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup COCONUT MILK, ½ cup GROUND ALMONDS and ½ cup WATER. Stir. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons BROWN SUGAR. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes or till chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve over bed of basmati rice.
*Substitute with non-dairy ingredients eg. soy yogurt or omit yogurt and increase coconut milk to taste
Ingredients: crushed garlic, coriander, turmeric powder, red chillie powder, cumin, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon bark, star anise, white pepper and cardamom.
All our products are free of Gluten, Salt & Additives
Aside from delicious flavour, clean and healthy food is of the utmost importance to Daksha and Bhaskar Narsing. They clean, sieve and freshly grind their spices to ensure the highest quality product.
Since its inception, Daksha’s Gourmet Spices has been gluten-free, with no salt added, no MSG, no preservatives, no fillers and all natural, providing a healthy and safe option for those who love Indian cuisine.